Types of Information We Collect
eAssist collects two main types of information from users of our Site:
(1) “personal information” which is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity (such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, EIN, SS#, DL#, PP#, etc.), as well as information you provide about yourself or your business (such as commercial information about products or services used, or information about your background, education, professional or work experiences, business, equipment, clients, patients, staff, etc., as you use our platform or receive services); and
(2) “aggregate information” which is information about your activities on the Site or in connection with the platform or your receipt of services that cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you (such as frequency of visits to the Site, data entered when using the Site or platform, Site pages most frequently accessed, browser type, etc.).
Collecting Your Personal Information
eAssist collects personal information that is voluntarily provided when a user on our Site signs up for our platform, applies to work with us, logs into his or her account or uses or receives tools, software or services in connection with any of the foregoing. eAssist also collects and stores information about our users’ use of the Site and our platform, and related tools, software, and services.
Collecting Your Aggregate Information
Aggregate information is collected as you visit our Site or use our platform or receive services even if you do not enter any information. Generally, aggregate information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by that compiled information.
Use of the Information We Gather
We use your personal and aggregate information to develop and provide you with the Site and platform, to improve your experience on the Site and with our platform, and to communicate with you and others you authorize with respect to information you request or that is otherwise provided in connection with providing the platform or services. We may also use this information for legal and compliance purposes, to help us target specific products, services, or offers to you, and to tailor our Site and platform, as well as services, to your needs and interests.
Additionally, we may use aggregate information to monitor traffic and general usage patterns, to monitor, audit, and analyze information pertaining to our business metrics, and for other general business purposes.
Sharing, Selling and Trading of Your Personal Information with Third Parties
eAssist, on occasion, may share personal information with third-party service providers, partners, and consultants as we deem necessary for the third party to fulfill its duties, such as processing credit card payments or other functions necessary to our business. These third-party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use your personal information for any purposes other than to provide the services for which they have been hired to provide. When you submit your personal information, you also agree that we may use your personal information to contact you by email, telephone, cell phone, direct mail, or text message about certain offers made available by us or third parties that we believe you might be interested in based on information you have provided to us. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise share your personal information with unrelated third parties for their own marketing purposes; however, we may market certain offers to you on behalf of third parties that we determine you might be interested in.
Sharing, Selling and Trading Aggregate Information Collected Online with Third Parties
We may disclose aggregate information to third parties for a variety of business reasons, including to potential investors so that they may better understand our user base, etc. Aggregate information will not include any personal information and we will not disclose any personal information except as stated elsewhere in this Policy.
Other Instances When We Share Your Information
In addition to the foregoing, eAssist may elect to share or transfer your personal information to unrelated third parties: (i) to comply with a legal requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on eAssist, (ii) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; (iii) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of eAssist; (iv) when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of eAssist or other persons, or (v) as otherwise required or permitted by law.
If you do not provide us with any of your personal information, we are limited in the information we may collect from you. For example, we may be able to determine your IP address for the purposes of administering the Site and tracking Site usage. However, your IP address may vary each time you visit or it may remain the same depending on the type of Internet connection you are using or the location from which you access the Site. We may also collect information about the websites that directed you to the Site after you clicked on a text or banner link or an ad from another website, or the day and time you visited the Site, and how long you spent on the Site. We aggregate such information to help us to compile reports as to trends and other behavior about users visiting or using our Site; however such information is anonymous and cannot be tied directly to you.
We may also use “cookies” and your personal information to enhance your experience on the Site and with the platform and to provide you with personalized offers. A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer’s hard drive that contains information that allows us to track your activity on the Site. The cookie itself does not contain any personal information; however, if you provide us any personal information the cookie may act as an identifier to tie your personal information to your IP address or computer. You may choose to delete cookies from your computer’s hard drive at any time or to disable cookies on your computer. If you delete cookies that relate to the Site, we may not be able to identify you upon your return to the Site. Additionally, if you disable your computer’s cookies, you may not be able to access certain features of the Site or platform that require that cookies be enabled. The Site’s cookies cannot be used to read data from your hard drive and cannot retrieve information from any other cookies created by other websites. Additionally, our cookies cannot be used as a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or any other malicious tool that could impair your use of your computer. Our cookies are used to help us better understand how you and other users use the Site so we can continue to provide a better, more personalized user experience on the Site. We also share website usage information about our Site with those interested in running targeted promotional campaigns on the Site. For this purpose, we and our advertisers track some of the pages that you visit on the Site through the use of pixel tags (also called clear gifs).
Security Pertaining to Your Information
We take security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we might store personal information.
We restrict access to personal information to eAssist employees, service providers, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our platform, or otherwise assist us with our business. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. We use secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology to encrypt and protect the security of your personal information, including but not limited to your credit card number, when it is sent over the Internet. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Integrity of Your Data
eAssist processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to help ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our platform and business. We take steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Children and Privacy
Our Site is not directed to children and we will not request personally identifiable information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 18, unless we have obtained verifiable parental consent from a parent or legal guardian. If we become aware that a user under the age of 16 has registered with our Site, provided personal information, and eAssist has not obtained prior verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian, we will immediately remove the user’s personal information from our files.
Links to Other Websites
In the event that eAssist sells substantially all of its assets, or one of eAssist’s business units is acquired, personal information of visitors to the Site and aggregate information will likely be one of the transferred assets.
Changes to this Policy
Contact Us/Disability Access
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, our privacy policies or practices, or your personal or aggregate information, or if you have a disability and need to access this Policy in a different way or format, please feel free to contact us any time at:
665 West 750 North
American Fork, UT 84003
Especially for California Residents
Consumers residing in California have some additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you and supplements the portions of the Policy set forth above.
Special CA Rights
If you are a California resident, under the CCPA, you may also opt-out of the sale of any of your personal information by eAssist.
If you are a California resident, under the CCPA, you may also request that we:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you (or sold, as applicable)
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting (or selling, as applicable) personal information
- the categories of third parties with whom we share (or have sold, as applicable) personal information (by category or categories of personal information for each such third party in case of any selling of your information)
- the categories of personal information we have disclosed about you for a business purpose
We may not discriminate against any California resident for exercising any of these special rights.
Disclosures Required under the CCPA
Certain details about our collection and use of consumer data are covered in portions of the Policy set forth above. In addition, to ensure compliance with the CCPA, but also to provide additional information to all consumers and users of our Site, we make the following additional disclosures.
- eAssist has not sold consumers’ personal information in the preceding 12 months and does not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
- eAssist has collected or may have collected, and has disclosed or may have disclosed for a business purpose, the following types of information from users of our Site in the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information.
- Information you provide about yourself or your business (such as commercial information about products or services used, feedback, or information about your background, education, professional or work experiences, business, equipment, clients, patients, staff, etc., as you use our platform or receive services).
- *Aggregate information” is information about your activities on the Site or in connection with the platform or receipt of services that cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you (such as frequency of visits to the Site, data entered when using the Site, Site pages most frequently accessed, browser type, etc.).
- eAssist collects this data or information from users, consumers, clients, patients, insurance companies, vendors, and similar parties.
- The business or commercial purposes for our collecting (or selling, as applicable) information include: (i) to provide you with the Site, platform, and related services, (ii) to develop and improve the Site, platform, and related services, (iii) to communicate with you and others you authorize with respect to information you request or that is otherwise provided in connection with providing the platform or related services, (iv) to provide customer support, (v) for research and development, (vi) to enable communications between users, along with communications to the user, (vii) to help us target specific products, services or offers to you, (viii) to tailor our Site, platform, and related services to your needs and interests, (ix) to monitor traffic and general usage patterns, (x) to monitor, audit and analyze information pertaining to our business metrics, (xi) for legal and compliance reasons, and (xii) for other general business purposes.
- We may share consumer data with certain service providers and business partners. These include, or may include:
- Data analytics providers
- Cloud storage providers
- Background check/identity verification providers
- Payment processors and facilitators, or for other functions necessary to our business
- Vendors that assist us in enhancing or providing our platform, services, software, and/or apps
- Marketing partners, marketing platform providers, and marketing firms
- Consultants, accountants, lawyers, and other professional service providers
- Insurance and financing partners
- Law enforcement
- Government entities
Exercising Special CA Rights
To learn about specific information collected about you as a California resident, request deletion of any such information, or opt out of the sale of personal information, you may (1) call, (2) submit this webform, or (3) email email@example.com. Once we receive any such request, we will notify the requesting party of any questions or additional information required to verify the same, and we will otherwise process the request consistent with applicable law.
If an authorized agent is making any such request on behalf of a California consumer, that agent will need to provide us with reasonable proof of such representation and authorization. Alternatively, the consumer can notify us via email at the email given in this Policy that he or she has appointed an authorized agent, and provide us with the name and contact information for such agent.
All California residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.